In the technical landscape, businesses have realized that they need to accelerate their digital transformation. About 62.5% of the world’s population uses the Internet, making it extremely important for businesses to have a strong Digital Marketing Strategy. With as many websites as people around the globe, it is getting difficult to cut through your voice. The digital landscape is getting highly competitive.
The business not only needs an attractive website but relevant content. This requires understanding the goals of your website and your audience's needs. The goals may vary in nature. It may be to get more traffic, generate leads from the website, user-friendly experience, etc. If the website is not optimized for keywords that people search via search engines, then it is likely that website might not be ranked and getting the intended audience. There is no need to invest in digital marketing if you are unable to get customers through it. This is where exactly SEO takes over.
What is SEO?
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is a technique that optimizes the website to be ranked and appear in search engine results. Most of the traffic that land on a website is through keywords search via a search engine. Stats show that only Google search engine processes over 3.5 billion searches every day, or, 1.2 trillion searches per year.
How do Search Engines work?
The search engine displays content through the crawl, index, and rank methods. Crawl is like discovery; the index is like deciding relevance and rank is deciding the authority of a website. SEO is to hit a balance between relevance and authority. In simple words, it is to produce relevant content with more backlinks/ inbound links. A website must be such that it should address the audiences’ needs in a simple and pretty way. A website can only appear in search engine results if it is optimized for keywords and has fairly good referral links.
There exist different metrics which let you analyze the website and help to decide a good SEO strategy. The metrics involve keyword ranking, bounce rate, page load time, time a user stays on the page, which page is most visited, backlinks built, etc. In all this, it is very important to keep an eye on your competitor's website and social media. This helps to keep a track of the keywords that help your competitors rank in search engines and the traffic volumes that those keywords bring to them.
Types of SEO
SEO can be categorized into two types:
1. White hat SEO: approved search engine optimization techniques designed to increase a website's position on a search engine results page via organic search.
2. Black Hat SEO: through means that violate the search engine's terms of service. Black hat SEO is often detected and websites doing this are banned.
3. On-Page SEO: On-page optimization includes all of the things that your readers will see when they visit your website. For the most part, that means content.
4. Off-page SEO: includes referral marketing and link building from authoritative sites.
5. Technical SEO: Technical SEO is related to on-page factors but has to do with things that go on behind the scenes.
6. Local SEO: includes optimization of your business presence via Google My Business page.
Advantages of SEO
A healthy white hat SEO brings the following benefits to your website:
- Builds your credibility and make your website look more professional
- Produces user friendly for your audience which is easy to navigate
- Helps in generating more leads to your website
- Gives you a competitive advantage
- Build authenticity and relevance
- Builds authority and many more
SEO @ Unilakes!
Make your business dream a REALITY!
At Unilakes, we have a great team to devise an SEO strategy for your website. With advanced tools and diligence, we deliver a website that gets a good ranking from Search engines. With our Online engagement toolkit, you can get a fresh start for your website.
So leave SEO to us and make one-time website visitors your loyal customer!
Technical Collaboration Executive